Services for students
A Door to Italy takes care of you from the moment of your first request by email until the completion of your studies and your return home, offering you a range of services and practical tips to organize, implement and enjoy your stay in Genoa.
- VISA and RESIDENCE PERMIT
- ACCOMMODATIONS according to different categories and prices
- TRANSFER from and to the booked accommodation
- STUDENT CHARTER to access special discounts at local stores
- A rich program of LEISURE ACTIVITIES
- ITALIAN LANGUAGE CERTIFICATIONS
Student's Charter and Enrollment FeeAll students enrolled in the school are subject to the payment of an annual enrollment fee of €50.00.
It includes the Student Charter, valid for 12 months, which allows students to access all our teaching and assistance services and to have interesting discounts in shops, bars, libraries, gyms and wellness centers.
Educational services: entrance test, educational material and basic textbook, free of charge educational assistance and assistance on request, borrowed books and DVDs, certificate of attendance at the end of the course.
Welcome and assistance service: assistance in finding and booking accommodation, equipped recreation area, INTERNET point and WiFi, welcome kit (manual on Genoa, city map, etc.), newspapers and magazines available.
Discounts : 5% on other courses held in the year of validity (the discount is not valid for the continuation of the same course, already subject to list price discounts), special discounts with our partners.
If you have a business and wish to become one of our partners, please write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visa and Residence Permit
A Door to Italy provides students with all the documentation they need to obtain a Study Visa (VS) and, after their entry into Italy, provides them with a Residence Permit (PS).
To apply for a study visa it is necessary to attend a course of at least 20 lessons per week (Standard Intensive Group Course).
What are the required documents?
- Certificate of enrollment at the course (provided by the school)
- Invoice related to the payment of the course and accommodation (provided by the school)
- confirmation of accommodation booking (provided by the school) or confirmation
of a hotel, residence or letter of invitation from a person hosting you at home (filled out by hand)
- A health policy covering the entire period of your stay
- A guarantee of the availability of sufficient financial means for your support for the entire duration of the course/stay in Italy (for more information please click here)
- Proof that you purchased your round-trip air ticket
Where do you apply for a visa? At the Italian embassy in your country of residence (here is the list of embassies and consulates )
REMEMBER! Each embassy has its own procedures. Therefore, we recommend that you always ask the consular office of your area for the exact list of documents to be submitted. We will provide you with all the necessary assistance.