- Genoa is only an hour and a half away from Milan.
- Genoa is easily reachable by plane, train or car from all over the world.
- Genoa has a typical Mediterranean climate, characterized by mild and pleasant temperatures all year round.
- Genoa is a seaside city, which offers the opportunity to spend a pleasant vacation on its beaches.
Italian Courses Online | Italian Language Courses Near me | Italian Language Courses in Italy for Over 50s | | Genoa
Genoa, a city for all!
Capital of the Liguria region, Genoa is a city with a glorious past that lives in the present and is projected into the future.
The city is a treasure chest of surprises thanks to its glorious past. It has a very large historical and artistic heritage that can be discovered by walking in its historical center of medieval origin, one of the largest in Europe and with the highest population density.
In the urban area, between the hills and the sea, there are beautiful houses and ancient churches, which host works of art that can now be visited by the public. The ancient Palazzi dei Rolli, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, represent the best of the most prestigious palaces in the historical center of Genoa. The rolli were lists of the splendid residences of noble families that aimed to host important individuals who were in Genoa on the occasion of state visits to the Ancient Republic.
Genoa is also known for its many Historical Shops, which have been active for over 100 years, where the specialties are still prepared according to ancient recipes and the handcrafted objects are processed according to century-old traditions.
The city of the present is the one where its citizens enjoy an aperitif on Saturdays in the brand new eastern market, who go to dinner in one of the trattorias in the historical center and who linger in the nightlife of Piazza delle Erbe, who go for a walk on Sunday afternoon between the Bigo and the ancient port, between the Aquarium and the Galata.
The Genoa of the future is the one imagined by Genoese architect Renzo Piano, with the waterfront he designed, now a major tourist attraction and a favorite walk of the locals.
It is also the Genoa of the major events, the new airport and Euroflora 2021.
Welcome to Genoa!
A warm welcome
Famous for its mild climate, in Genoa often in October it is still possible to go swimming in the sea, in January sometimes there are 15 degrees, in summer the breeze makes the city pleasant and not too hot.
The warm welcome of the city can be enjoyed in the markets, in the trattorias and in the bars of the neighborhood where the traders are happy to speak Italian with the foreign tourist and find time to chat with a smile.
Genoa, a city on a human scale, is the ideal destination for a pleasant study stay!
- Genoa is a real Italian city where students still find kind people who welcome them with a smile and who are happy to speak Italian with them and not English.
- Genoa is the ideal place for a pleasant holiday and to discover the beautiful surroundings: Portofino, Santa Margherita, Le Cinque Terre.
- Genoa is a city on a human scale where it is possible to live in the city center, forget the car and get around on foot or by public transport.
- Genoa has an excellent price-quality ratio, the cost of living is well lower than that of Milan, Florence, or Rome.
Genoa and more...
Not just Genoa...
Breathe history and culture in the city, and then learn to experience the sea and nature of Liguria’s beautiful surroundings
Our activities are organized weekly and you can decide if and when to participate. We start with a preliminary tour of the city and gradually we take you on a journey to discover beautiful places, such as Cinque Terre, Camogli, Portofino, Finalborgo, Dolceacqua and more.
The activities organized by the school are always accompanied by a teacher or a member of our staff. This way we are sure that the time spent together is also a continuous linguistic exercise, a social moment and an opportunity for discovery.
At school we can also help you to organize your excursions and your trips to Italy.
So do not hesitate to ask for advice or clarifications.